10 Tips to Spruce Up Your New Home
Buying a Fixer Upper? There are many ways to make a new home livable while you are saving for that new living room furniture you want. Below are some quick tips to get your new home into tip top shape without spending a lot of money!
- Make Each Room Your Own. You’ve done it! You own property. Make a list. Take each room and place a photo, plant, paperweight or personal item that reflects you and your individuality. Your home should show off your unique personality.
- True Colors. Any new room can be made comfy with a new coat of paint. Choose warm colors for rooms you will be relaxing in, and cool colors for offices and bathrooms.
- Pay Attention to Light. Does your new home have a great window that lets in beautiful light? Or maybe you have a sliding glass door that gives you a great view. Be sure to keep these spaces open and unblocked.
- Curtains. Go inexpensive with some pretty, simple curtains. Use white to match with everything, or pick a color that you know would brighten up the room.
- Simplify. While moving in to your new house, make sure to take charge and throw away items that you will not use. You are starting over!
- Plants and Flowers. Use your interior decorating eye and find the perfect places for some potted plants and flowers. Instead throwing out withering flowers, hang them upside down and dry them for a great wall piece.
- Go Flea Marketing. Spend a Sunday shopping at a local flea market for a unique piece for the new room in your home that is your favorite. Treat yourself and you just might come across a valuable piece!
- Rugs and Carpets. Find a nice simple rug to save your carpet. A vibrant rug can add a splash of color to any room.
- Simple Oversized Mats + Simple Frame. Instead of a posed department store picture, choose a candid action shot. Buy an oversized Mat and simple frame. Try this in two’s and three’s. It’s a great way to dress up a lonely wall.
- Chair Makeovers. Give your favorite oversized chair a makeover and buy a plain colored chair cover. These work great and make it look like you bought a new piece of furniture!